Friday 13 October 2017

1st post is always self-introduction

I invested at Malaysia share market for almost 7 years.
All this while,
I have been using The Cellist as my nickname in a local investment online forum for almost 7 years,
and I posted some articles at that forum as well.

However,
as time goes by,
I realized that the forum mentioned above has less and less viewers.
I worry that the forum might closed down,
and I will have no place to write down my investment articles for the future,
also scare that all my written articles might disappear,
so I decided to open my own blog.

I will briefly write down my past investment experiences here:

At 2011,
while I am finishing my final semester at local university UPM,
I stepped into Malaysia share market and started my investment with capital less than 5 figures(Ringgit Malaysia).

At 2012,
I learned how to leverage by using SMF,
so my investment capital grew into 6 figures.

At 2013,
I doubled my investment capital.
By having that kind of amount of capital at my young age,
I started to become overconfident aka cocky.

At 2014,
I faced a small bear market and lost 25% of my investment capital.
A slump for me.

At 2015,
I rose back and grew my investment capital back to the level during 2013.

At 2016,
My investment capital grew another 50%.
1st time in my life that what I earned from investment is more than what I earned from my job.

At 2017,
I still inside the share market.....

From now on,
I will write down anything regarding to my investment here.
However, I am a long term investor,
so there might not be a lot of things I can write down.
Hopefully I can write one article per week.

Also,
I will write down my opinion on my past investment decisions,
and transfer some of the articles I wrote at the forum mentioned to here as well.
Those articles are all in mandarin,
so I might or might not translate it into english.

That's all for today.

Related links:
My Facebook Page
My Twitter : @TheCellist86

No comments:

Post a Comment