Tuesday 27 March 2018

Human tendency and Idolization


Clarification:

I am just trying to flip the coin, to discuss about some natural human tendencies. This article is full with my personal opinion, so feel free to close this article whenever you feel sicked and wanted to vomit, please bear in mind that I am not pointing you with a gun to force you finish reading it.


Long time never written these kind of arguable article~


First,
the reason why I am writing this article is because I read a book.
I don't know how to translate the book's name and the author's name into english,
so.....................


Below are author's point of views, not mine:



The author is a publisher who very experienced in helping newbie authors to become best-selling authors.

In his career life,
he realized that the reason of why most of the people are not successful,
were because they tried to mimic the way how the 1% super genius attained achievement,
and didn't realize the fact that 99% of the human population are just average person.


The problem is that..........
the 99% average person were using the method by the 1% super genius,
hoping that "If I followed exactly how the genius did it, I will be success.",
but at the end lost their chances to have their own success.

The thing is that it is human's natural tendency to seek for PERFECTION,

so all the human will be easily attracted by things which are PERFECT or human which are PERFECT.

The author who is also a publisher,

has his own formula to make a book become best-selling:
He just modified the methods used by the super genius until everyone think that they can do it too, then put it into the book.
Thus, the average persons will be attracted by the story,
and imagined that they are in the story too,
until they started to assume that they have the same dreams as the super genius's dream.

Above all are just some point of views by the author~

Is it true that the world really 1% of super genius and 99% of average person?
I am not going to discuss it here,
but I just know that the 99% of the wealth in this world are in the hand of the 1% people.......

What amazed me the most was this sentence in the book:
It is human's natural tendency to seek for PERFECTION,
so all the human will be easily attracted by things which are PERFECT or human which are PERFECT.

This explained that why some famous people have so many followers,
why so many young persons like singers or idols,
why we like to see handsome guys or pretty girls,
why we just need to add the pic of super genius for examples like Warren Buffett or Jack Ma along with some sentences which they didn't say before,
but still a lot of people shared it~

This is the same for investment as well,
that's why there are so many followers following the blogs or FB pages by the super genius,
some followers even willing to pay for more than thousand dollars just to attend the class by super genius,
some even worship them like a God.

The problem is........
the methods used by super genius might not be suitable for us.
At the end some people lost money through investment,
they didn't do any review about the reason why they lost money,
instead started blaming the super genius.

Some fans saw the super genius lost money at investment,
the PEFECT images were destroyed,
then the fans started to get angry and attacked that super genius,
last time worshiped them like a God,
now think they are just False Gods.

That's why some super genius decided not to openly talk about the company that they investing or their current investment portfolio.

I only update my investment portfolio once in every 3 months,
I am not scare since I am not super genius~
Also...............
not many people will buy the shares of the companies which I am investing~

Well,
I am not scolding people for following super genius,
since it is human's natural tendency to do it,
so I see no need to suppress it.

If looking at the human history,
the human even worshiped animals or trees or stones,
it showed how human like to create Idols and idoliz it.
No wonder some religions said no to Idolatry.

Well,
I am not saying that this behaviour is bad,
it is human's tendency to do it,
so just do it unless your religion do not allow you to do it~

However,
what I scared the most is that some people will try to use this human's tendency for their own benefits,
they use fake stories to perfect themselves,
created a false image of themselves as super genius,
became False Gods, and did things for their own advantages.
Not only in investment world,
these kind of things happened in every places!

The saddest thing is that...
some people became over-believing at the False Gods,
even though the false images were revealed,
but they still supporting that person,
still believing that that person will rescue them at the future.................

There are not a lot of super genius in this world,
but a lot of False Gods,
we couldn't stop our natural tendency to seek for PERFECTION or
to follow super genius,
but we can be more careful,
and try not to be in over-believing mode,
so that things will not gotten too ugly when the false images of the False Gods were revealed.

As for me,
of course I am not super genius,
you will know by looking at the amount of followers in my blog and FB page~

Like what I mentioned in my article <<Why did I use SMF>> which published here at 28th December 2017,
Few months after I started to invest for the first time,
I opened my own personal thread at Investalks Forum,
then a lot of people started calling me as guru or sifu,
so I started to dream that I am a super genius,
but my investment return proved me wrong, it was just 28% only for the first whole year.

So........I woke up.
I am not a super genius investor.
I couldn't double my investment capital every year, I can't be the God of investment,
I am just a lousy investor.

So what kind of investment method is suitable for a lousy investor like me?

As a lousy investor,
I started to use fundamental analysis which everyone think that is lousy,
and I bought some shares of companies like NESTLE, DLADY, AEONCR, LPI and so on,
which everyone don't like to buy because they think that those companies were lousy since the shares price of those companies were not able to rise a lot.
Then, I hold the shares for long term which everyone think long term investing is lousy.
Of course,
I started to use SMF to slightly pull up my lousy investment returns.

The reason why I wrote this article,
is not to force everyone to think that you are just average person,
I am just preparing for future articles,
and hope that everyone realized about the human tendency,
but don't have to suppress it,
even super genius also seek for super genius, right~

The important thing is,
don't be too crazy about it,
be careful,
don't simply idolize something thing or someone.
Think deeper and look into it depper.

Investment is about doing own thinking, making own decision.

Thanks for reading.

I have to admit that I had some hard times trying to translate this article from the mandarin version I wrote,

if you know how to read mandarin,
I strongly suggest you to read the mandarin version of this article.










No comments:

Post a Comment