Thursday 19 October 2017

My investment result for year 2011

Today originally I wanted to transfer one of my old article to here.
When I opened my thread at the forum,
the 1st article I saw is about my investment portfolio at that time.

After some thinking,
I decided not to transfer the article.
Instead,
I will write an article about the comparison of my investment portfolio at the start and the end of year 2011.

According to my old article,
During year 2011 April 13rd (3 months after I started investment),
my portfolio:
1)AEON
2)TWS
3)CMMT
4)TEXCYCLE

At 2011 December 31st, my portfolio:
1)AEON
2)DLADY
3)F&N
4)NESTLE
5)PANAMY
6)PBBANK

My investment return of that year is 28%.
All thanks to:
AEON surged to RM7.24 from RM5-RM6.
PANAMY surged to RM20.04 from around RM17.
NESTLE surged to RM56 from around RM47.
DLADY surged to RM23.40 from around RM18.

As shown above,
the companies in my portfolio totally changed except AEON.

There are two main reasons why I changed.

1st,
I am not shy anymore.

At that time,
DLADY, PANAMY, NESTLE share price are all double digit.
Whenever I saw it,
"Oh my god, so expensive, I can't afford it."
I shied away...

What happened is I conquered my shyness,
tried to read the annual reports of those "expensive"companies,
and I understood that:

"Is better to pay RM100 for a diamond than paying RM1 for 10 stones."

Luckily there was a small bear market during 2011,
so it provided me a good timing to buy those good companies.

2nd,
I decided that instead of trying to grow my investment capital by achieving high returns at stock market,
is more efficient to grow it by my salary income.

I graduated from UPM that year,
and my investment captail is just less than 5 digit figures,
ROE of 30%?
I can get the same amount of money by working for 2-3 months.

Therefore,
I decided to find a job that can allowed me to save at least RM2000-RM4000 per month.
In order to do this,
I need to focus more on my job.
I bought those good companies,
so that I don't need to spend a lot of times on share market.

All thanks to teachers and friends that I met during year 2011.
They helped me opened my eyes and saw a different world,
that is how I constructed my investment style till now...


Related links :
My current investment portfolio
My self-introduction article
My Facebook Page
My Twitter : @TheCellist86




No comments:

Post a Comment