Sunday 24 December 2017

When my investment capital achieved 100K for the first time...


This is an old article that I wrote at 23rd December 2012, published at Investalks forum.
I wrote this article was to celebrate that my investment capital finally achieved 6 figures for the first time in my life.

Since this article is quite meaningful for me,
so I decided to transfer it here and translate it into english.

Since I wrote it at the age of 26,
5 years have passed,
so I will add some of my thoughts now at the end of this old article.

The old article starts here:


(Please bear in mind that all the currency mentioned is in Ringgit Malaysia.)


Originally I planned to achieve it at next year April,

but eventually I already having 6 figures value of share investment portfolio now.

As for these amount of investment capitals,

60% of it is the money that I earned and added into the capitals,
25% is the paper profit that I accumulated,
15% of it is OPM.

Time taken?

Less than 2 years.

Let's talk about the money that I earned and added into the investment first.


Since I am a child, I always have the habit of saving money.

During secondary school,
all my friends spent all their money at cyber cafe and tuition,
but since I have some problems of transportation,
so I couldn't follow them to go cyber cafe.

During our preparations of SPM exam,

everyone went to tuition for at least 5 to 6 subjects,
while I only tuition one subject which is English.

During STPM exam, I didn't even go to any tuition!


Then I entered local university to study which the tuition fees are very cheap,

after graduated,
I decided not to find a job,
but to be a S (Self-employed),
after one and half year,
I finally accumulated that 60%.

Luckily I am a saver,

also thanks to Money Management Jar System taught by T.Harv Eker.


Next, let's talk about the paper profit that I accumulated.


January 2011,

I started to enter shares market with only around RM8,000.
I was aiming for long term investment so I bought into AEON, CMMT, TWS and Texcycle.

I was still testing water that time,

then I started to add more capitals from the money I earned,
I sold CMMT, TWS, Texcycle,
and bought some blue chips:
NESTLE, PBBANK, DLADY, PANAMY, F&N, AEONCR.
That's how I accumulated those paper profit.

Especially thanks to AEON and DLADY,

because of them, I enjoyed the share price to double from my buying price.

Lastly the OPM,

I will not share anything about it at the moment.

Really thanks to Investalks forum,

thanks to whoever shared their investment knowledge on the internet,
thanks to 8k, Nifong, Huoshuyinhua, tan81, thermofisher, BBJ, 8years, tabibho, tyche6, Wuliaoren, Nightkid. (sorry if I missed anyone.)
Also thanks to Cold Eye who published share investment books.
Thanks to everyone at PLC,
because of you all,
I could went through all the struggles when I decided to not finding a job but to be a S.

Still remember last year April,

I stood in front of around 30 people from same university,
and confidently told them:"I will have 100k  within 5 years!"
Now only 20 months passed,
and I already achieved it.

Of course,

when bear market comes,
my portfolio might drop back to 5 figures,
but let me show off here awhile, to enjoy and to celebrate it~

"In this inflationary era, it becomes much more easier for a young people who just graduated from university, to obtain his/her good assets that worth 100k, what they need to do is just invest properly, get the capital properly, increase financial knowledge properly."


The end of old article.


Last time I skipped the part about OPM, 
I will write about it now.

OPM = Other People's Money.


This is the word that I saw from books by Robert Kiyosaki, the author of <<Rich Dad Poor Dad>>,

he suggested to use OPM to invest instead of using own money,
the OPM can be money from other investors or from the bank.

That time I was able to faster achieve 6 figures value of share investment portfolio,

was because I use OPM from the bank by SMF.

I took some times to consider whether or not to transfer this article to here,

because that time I was just 26 years old but already have 100k in share market,
so I was like a bit overconfident........
But still....
this article represented one of my milestone in my investment history,
so I decided to transfer it here and translate it into english.

Hopefully few years later,

I will be able to write another article for achieving 7 figures value of share investment portfolio.

Before ending this article,

I would like to share again the sentence I wrote that time:

"In this inflationary era,

it becomes much more easier for a young people who just graduated from university,
to obtain his/her good assets that worth 100k,
what they need to do is just invest properly,
get the capital properly,
increase financial knowledge properly."

Thanks for reading.



I don't provide any buying/selling suggestion above,
please make your own investment decision and be responsible with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment