Monday 23 October 2017

My opinion about oversea market

One of the biggest changes in my investment portfolio at year 2017,
is that I sold all my DLADY, leaving only 1 lot for souvenir? purpose,
and bought into COCOLAND.

The reason is because I started to emphasis more on oversea market.

For the past few years,
the revenue and profit of PBBANK & DLADY didn't grow very well,
(well.... DLADY did rise to RM60 for don't know what reason.........)
especially after the implementation of GST,
AEON is falling like snowslide.......

However if we look at those companies that selling to oversea market,
since the exchange rate between RM to USD dropped so much,
those companies rose a lot in profit,
and the share price also doubled one by one.
And me.....
I can only sitting at the corner and drown by jealousy.....

So starting this year July,
I again searched at the market while having long holiday.
(I have to admit that I did neglect my investment since I was too focus on my job income, )

What I searching now,
are local companies that selling to oversea markets.
are local companies that selling to oversea markets.
are local companies that selling to oversea markets.
Important things need to write 3 times~

Why is it that must be local company?

Well.....
sometimes the parent company of the foreign company that we invested,
might suddenly restructure,
originally company A produces product A, company B produces product B,
suddenly become company A produces product B and company B produces product A.

If the luck is good,
more products are entrusted to the company that we investing,
then woohoo~

But if the luck is bad,
the company that we investing suddenly has less products to produce,
then you can do nothing but seeing the export revenue keep dropping.

I experienced it before,
so I think that if really want to enjoy the growth of oversea market,
then please choose local company!
Choose local company!
Local company!

After reading annual reports of roughly 20 companies,
my 1st pick was COCOLAND.

According to annual report of COCOLAND,
oversea market will be their next growth engine.
Since F&N is one of the large shareholder of COCOLAND,
I am more comfortable to invest and hold it.

Except COCOLAND,
there are some other companies that I having interest at,
please stay tuned at this blog to find out more in the future.

Right now I will do some revisions about the growth of oversea markets of companies that I investing currently:

1st,
AEONCR and LPI have no oversea market,
but since there is still some growth at local market,
so I will continue to hold them.

NESTLE and PANAMY are foreign companies that export to oversea market,
like I said before,
I don't put much hope at the growth of their export market,
is just that they both have good branding,
so I will continue to hold them.

Next is PBBANK...........
Some people said that PBBANK only do local market,
Some people think that PBBANK do has oversea market,
but the contribution to profit is not obvious.

What I saw is.....
the oversea market of PBBANK keep growing,
last time it only took up 3% of total PBT,
but now is already 10% of it!

Will oversea market become PBBANK next growth engine??

Then here comes F&N.

Actually F&N is doing worse and worse at local market,
luckily they have good growth at oversea market,
if not they are doomed.

Last one is COCOLAND.

Like the annual report mentioned before,
oversea market for example like South Korea will be COCOLAND next growth engine.

When I went to South Korea at end of August,
an old Korean man sitting next next to me gifted me a sweet,
which is actually COCOLAND's product.
I also met some Malaysians at South Korea,
they brought lot100 candies as gifts for Korean people,
they said Korean people like it.........

However,
I went to some shopping malls, convenient shops, snack specialty shops at Korea.
I saw coffee of certain company and snack of certain company,

Is COCOLAND really doing well at South Korea like what it was mentioned in the annual report?

No matter how,
continue on I will observe carefully,
hold carefully,
carefully buy into those local companies that having export market.



Related links :
Handling investment with ease
Comparison of portfolio at the start and end of year 2011
My current investment portfolio
My self-introduction article
My Facebook Page
My Twitter : @TheCellist86

No comments:

Post a Comment