Tuesday 31 October 2017

DISC, 4 basic types of human personality

This is an article that I wrote during 28th July 2011.
I decided to copy it here and  add some new elaborations.

DISC, 4 basic types of human personality:










1) D -- Dominance
Dominant type.
Good at leading and giving orders, dare to take risks.
Sometimes they can be argumentative, and not listen to other people's opinion.
They always talked the most and lead in conversations.

Actually,
I seldom see D type people at share market.
Maybe because they tend to be in control of situation,
while in share market they have no control of the company invested and no control of share price,
unless large shareholders.

Based on my own experience,
I saw D type people went to AGM to quarrel with company chairman and CEO because they don't like certain decisions of the management team.

Nevertheless,
D type people likes to focus on future and the bigger picture,
and they dare to take risks.
The return of their investments will be very high if they chose the right share.


2) I -- Influence
Influential type.
they are outgoing and like to be with people,
easily adapted to new place with a lot of strangers.
However their time management might not be good enough,
and don't like works with high complexity and high repetitive.
when in a group of people,
they tend to be center of attraction and have positive sense of humor.

Based on what I saw in share market,
I type people invest by following their feelings.
Buy because feel like will rise.
Sell because feel like will drop.
Everything by feelings.
Usually they tend concentrate investment into a few stocks only,
or even dare to ALL IN at only one stock.

If they chose the wrong stock, then bye bye~
However my friend who is a I type person,
earned a huge amount of money by ALL IN at one stock only.


3) C -- Compliance
Compliant type.
They emphasis on principle, do things accurately, focus on logic and numbers.
However,
they are not good at presenting themselves.
Usually too passive in a group....

Based on what I saw,
a C type person before making any investment decision,
they tends to read through a bunches of information and reports,
did researches and analysis, wrote down a lot of notes,
very hardworking.


4) S -- Steadiness
Steady type.
they emphasis on being steady and stable, even-tempered and sympathetic with others,
a loyal follower in a group.
However,
they are slow in decision making and tend to be passive.
Usually in a conversation,
they tend to be listener.

Since S type person tend to be a follower,
so they will have a thinking like:"Just let the management of the company settle everything!" when they invest in a company.

I am a S type person.
Since I look for stability, so I bought into those steady companies.
I am loyal too, after buying into a company,
I am able to hold it for many years,
so suitable to be a long term investor.


That's all for the 4 basic types of human personality.
Of course a short article like this is not enough to cover everything,
feel free to research more if you are interested at it.

The reason why I wrote this article is because I personally think that in investment,
before study a company,
is better to study yourself.

By knowing which type of personality you have,
then you will know which investment method is best for you.

Sometimes,
the problem is not picking a good timing, or good company, or good entry price,
the problem is.........
are you a good investor?

Knowing about yourself,
is one of the steps to be a good investor.


Related links :
Year 2017: The consequence of long term investment
Public Bank 3rd quarter financial result
My opinion about oversea market
Handling investment with ease
Comparison of portfolio at the start and end of year 2011



Other links:
My current investment portfolio
My self-introduction article
My Facebook Page
My Twitter : @TheCellist86






No comments:

Post a Comment